Tuesday, November 23, 2010

bulletin board post-its.

Here are some post-it notes that have accumulated on my bulletin board in my room over the past year. I stood reading them this morning and they stopped me in my tracks. Thank you for reminders of truth, bulletin board:

"Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1 Corinthians 13:7

"The bottom line is, even if you see them coming, the big moments, no one is really ready for them. No one asks for their life to change, not really, but it does." -Buffy

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not boast, it does not envy, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered. It keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always trusts, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

"Confession- of the fact that we do not understand the place He has put us in His heart."

"I am not my own, for I have been made new. Please don't let me go, I desperately need You."

"This is my one and only life- and its a great and terrible and short and endless thing- and none of us come out of it alive."

"In your love, my salvation lies in your love... my salvation lies in your love.."

"You have made us for yourself and our hearts are restless till they find their rest in You." -St. Augustine

and my favorite today.. a note from my mother from a couple months ago..
"Much of our forgetting will do us relatively little harm. but if we forget to whom we belong, if we forget that our deepest longing is belonging to God, our compulsion for completion drives us into unhealthy relationships. "Love of God is pure when joy and suffering inspire an equal degree of gratitude." Love is not something we can conjure up through our own efforts, positive thinking, or prayer- Love is a response to being loved! Love is not a duty, rather a response." -my mama

No comments:

Post a Comment