Monday, November 29, 2010

daydreams.

And the chorus stops
The melody is silenced.
And its just you
And me.
Creek creek back and forth
The swing attached to the tree sways with the wind as I gently rest upon it.
My white skirt flows every which way as the wind churns.
My toes tickle the green grass as they brush the tips of the blades with every back-and-forth of the swing.
The sunlight paints the scene around me so everything shines gold.
Just before me the river trickles by.
The water sparkles in the sunlight, and the quiet sound of the moving water calms every creature around me.
My hair dances around my cheek bones, across my eyelids, rests gently upon my lips.
And I just sit and sway back and forth, back and forth.
And you do not move.
Rested gently against the trunk of the tree
The rough bark penetrates your robe against your shoulder.
But you remain still.
Arms softly folded across your chest,
You watch.
And I am enough.
Back and forth, back and forth.
The slight smile carves its way through my lips.
And we do not move.
You are the wind that tossles my hair.
The sunlight that warms my skin.
The grass that tickles my toes.
You are the constant stream that forever flows.
You are everything.
You are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment