Monday, November 22, 2010

remember me.

and in the end... theres just You. because, I'll fade away too. Who do i want my name to be remembered by?

... the only one that won't fade away..

i want to be apart of eternity.

i want to matter. i don't want to be somebody.. because everyday i am learning more and more that, truly, and all self-pity aside... i am nothing. i can't change that, i can't run away from that.. its apart of what makes me human. i am tired of trying to make my life matter, i am tired of trying to prove to myself, to the world, that i am something that matters. so no, i don't want to be somebody, i'm done fooling myself.. no.. i want to be somebody's.

i want you to remember me. when the days have faded and nobody's left. i want my face to be recognizable. don't forget me. i may not be enough to turn heads, and my life will be forgotten by the rest of the world... but i want you to pick me out of a crowd and say "yes... she is mine. today, yesterday, and forever. yes, she belongs to me." i want to be Yours and Yours alone.

dear Jesus, i am weak and my heart is easily tempted to sin. my mind is easily swayed and my heart deceived. i need your grace and mercy and forgiveness. i need your grace to lay my heart down at your feet. i can't do it, i'm not humble. i need you, i need you to take my heart and captivate it. take it from me because i only lead it astray.

I don't need to be better, or completed... i just want to be remembered.


by You, Jesus. remember me.

No comments:

Post a Comment